Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Dichotomy of a Day

Air 1's Verse of the Day

9/11/2009

"You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done."

Psalm 92:4, NLT | View in context

As I awoke to face Friday 9/11 I couldn’t help but remember the day eight year prior and wonder…”what will today hold?”  I picked up my Blackberry as a normally do as I wait for the shower to warm. As I scanned my e-mails that I received during the night. Normally this means deleting a bunch of junk mail and then reading the verse of the day. I read the verse of the day "You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done." Psalm 92:4 NLT. Cool, I thought…and then I moved on…then I noticed three e-mails from Latvia…”Adoption Approval from the Ministry”. WOW! "You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me! I sing for joy because of what you have done." Thank you!!

Through the day as I remembered all of the emotions and heaviness of that historic day just eight years prior…I couldn’t help but balance those feelings with the joy of the approval. I spent the evening going over all of our paperwork for the next phase of information that we need to send to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. We are one step closer! Today all of that paperwork was placed in a Priority Envelope and sent.

What now? Well we are now waiting for Latvia to give us our next court date. Once we receive it I will be traveling back to Latvia to stand before the court to complete the adoption. It is at this time that we will receive a new birth certificate for Aleks…and his name will be changed to Aleksejs Zachary Tuttle.

Our prayer requests at this time are:

  • Continued favor in the eyes of the Latvian court and authorities.
  • Smooth and quick approval process for our I-800 in the hands of the USCIS.
  • Finances for this next trip to Latvia and the fees involved. Approximately $6,000.
  • That God would open hearts and doors for more of the children from the orphanage in Liepaja to find forever families. (This is what Aleks asks about regularly)

No comments: