Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7th…

It’s been nearly 2 months since I have posted anything on this blog…(WAY TOO LONG) and not a day goes by that I don’t wish I had an extra hour or two for myself to just read and write.

Kristen 07-10

Today is September 7th. It was 15 years ago that our first daughter came into the world and forever changed us. Yes, she was our first child, our first daughter. The one who we learned on….and she learned with us. Thank you Father for trusting us enough to give us Kristen…and thank you Kristen for the privilege of being your dad.

Kristen’s heart is unique and beautiful. Her tender compassion for others is leading her to a life of missions and ministry. She loves serving others…especially when the others are children. She will dance and sing with them and just connect with them at a heart level. Her eyes tell others that she cares…unless someone has hurt or wronged another, then the anger and disappointment is quite easy to read. Her heart is authentic and genuine. She doesn’t want to disappoint you, but she will not go against her principles for you either. Yes, she is a rule follower and for that I am thankful. Leadership is something that intimidates her at times, but when she steps into the role she does a great job. Kristen was my first princess daughter and as my grandmother always said…she is also the one that I have loved the longest.

Father, thank You for Kristen, for all that she is to me and to our family. I ask Your blessings on her as she continues to grow and mature. Help her to make wise choices. Give her the confidence to chase after the passions and dreams that You have planted in her heart. Help her to live her life out loud…and may her anthem be Your love. I ask you to work in the heart of the man you have prepared for her. May he always fight for her princess heart and empower her for the journey of life which You have called her to.

I trust you, I believe in you and I know you have what it takes to accomplish all that God has called you to do.

Kristen…I Love You…and Happy Birthday!

No comments: