Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mapping the Light

WorldNightLightsMap

When we were growing up we sang the song…”this little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine”. We are each called to be a shining light in this world of darkness.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 NIV

The picture above is a light map from NASA which plots out the light shining from the cities of the world. But what if we were to see “The Light Map” that our Father (Yahweh) sees? What would that look like?

I guess the questions that each of us needs to ask are:

  • How bright is my light shining in this world of darkness? Can others truly see the light and love of Yashua (Jesus) shining through me?
  • Am I sharing the light I carry with those around me so that as they come to know the True Light…they too carry the light and thus we collectively shine brighter in our communities and those area we impact?

As we enter this season of Passover…what does He see as He passes over?

1 John 1:5 Tells us that when the light shines into darkness, the darkness cannot overcome or understand the light…

No comments: