Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Psalm 105

1 Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness.
Let the whole world know what he has done.

2 Sing to him; yes, sing his praises.
Tell everyone about his wonderful deeds.

3 Exult in his holy name;
rejoice, you who worship the Lord.

4 Search for the Lord and for his strength;
continually seek him.

5 Remember the wonders he has performed,
his miracles, and the rulings he has given,

6 you children of his servant Abraham,
you descendants of Jacob, his chosen ones.

7 He is the Lord our God.
His justice is seen throughout the land.

8 He always stands by his covenant—
the commitment he made to a thousand generations.

Pause to consider all that you are thankful for.

It’s sad that this seems to be our pause before the most frantic part of the race begins. The next 35 days are the busiest days of the year trying to do everything, get everything, see everybody and be seen by everybody…it’s a non-stop fight to meet the expectations of others. But what about the expectations of God our Father…

Things I am thankful for today:

  • My wife and best friend of 20+ years. She is faithful to love and support me even when I am unlovable.
  • My first child and oldest daughter who has a heart for missions and helping others.
  • My middle child and son who has trusted us to be his “forever family”.
  • My youngest child and daughter who has a huge heart and a creative way of expressing it.
  • A God who is longsuffering with me and continues to lead me to a life that is bigger than me.
  • The opportunity to travel to Haiti to keep life in perspective while watching as God connects the dots of my life.
  • A church where I can serve and grow…who cares about making a difference in our community and in our world.
  • My brother who is growing to pursue his passions more each day.
  • My brother in law who has lived through the most traumatic event in his life to get another chance to pursue the passions which he was called to do.
  • For the Training Circle of men that God has surrounded me with to push me into the areas of my life where God wants to work in me.
  • Family who love me in spite of who I am.
  • Friends who laugh, cry and support me and my family on this journey.
  • For those who continue to serve and die to protect our freedoms here in America. Your service is not overlooked.
  • Technology which allows us to communicate, grow and learn in ways that we never thought possible.
  • …for Jesus who died to make all of this and more possible for me to embrace and enjoy!

There is so much to be thankful for today and everyday! This list could go on for hundreds of pages and still never touch the surface of all the blessings which God has give us….and for each one I am thankful…

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

No comments: