Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm Not Like Them...

I'm not like them...I don't belong…

How many times have you heard that said...or how many times have you said it to yourself?


I read something this week that got my attention, I Corinthians 12:14-18. I have always heard verses 20-31, you know the ones that talk about we are all different parts of one body. We all have different gifts yet one body. Well, verses 14-18 deal with the lie that "I'm not like them so I must not be one of them" or "I am not like them so I don't fit". Ok...what-ever!

We are not supposed to all be the same! We each have an important and specific role in the Body of Christ. We each have gifts we are to use in this Body...we can't choose to not be a part of it!

15 Now if the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.

For those who have accepted the free gift...you are part of the family AND you are unique and different for a purpose!

No comments: